Friday 16 January 2015

rob's records



it's a tizz this new year so far dears it really is a whole lot of well going mainly and not knowing what day it is and astonishment that it's the 16th already or it's only the 16th now whichever... what a palavar... i shall be taking a breather at the weekend hopefully and catching up with this... first go was smashing and it's even got a record i've got on it and this that stuck out as just my sort of thing...

soul brothers inc - long dark night of prejudice

"OK, I know it's now 2015 but honestly I did this last week but only just posted up !!
This was going to be an all slow, sweet, deep ballad based kind of thing --- but halfway through on the frostiest day of the year so far, somewhere between xmas and the new year, I felt a strong desire for severe defrosting and a huge yearning for summers warmth...AS ALWAYS....Glenn Goines & the P Funk all stars came to my rescue !! From there on in it got more and more uptempo till before I knew it I was dancing around the living room to one of the first and greatest Salsoul 12 inchers !!!
I hope you hear something that you like...and end up loving !
Bestest wishes and Happy New Year Y'all !!
Rob"




x

4 comments:

Rob Ryan said...

Which one ya got ? Xx

ally. said...

sugar hill ... a treasured mick beirne gift... it's a smashing mix dear
x

Rob Ryan said...

Cool ! Funny tho I'd always played the other side "slow down" before flipping it over and finding this great one ! Isn't Mick nice !!

ally. said...

he's a lovely lovely lovely chap indeed
x